In the Men’s Room – an update
1st December 2017
We’d like to thank everyone who supported our ‘In the Men’s Room’ campaign – together we raised more than £1,200 for the Movember Foundation, smashing our fundraising target!
The only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, the Movemeber Foundation aims to make a contribution to men living happier, healthier, longer lives and stop them dying too young. There’s still time to donate to this great cause via our Just Giving page at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/inthemensroom.
Prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide are some of the biggest health issues faced by men in the UK but there’s still a reluctance to talk about it – especially within the construction industry which is why we created our In the Men’s Room campaign to get people talking about men’s health this November.
We designed a special series of eye-catching graphics to encourage men to talk about mental health and provide important information on prostate and testicular cancers. Our graphics have been widely shared on social media throughout November.
Trevor Bowers, director at Washroom Washroom said of the campaign: “This is something which affects us all but it’s just not talked about enough, especially in our industry, where it’s still seen as taboo. It’s vitally important to break down these barriers and get people talking about difficult topics if we’re going to make a difference. I’m really proud of the whole team who’ve all done their bit to make this campaign such a success.”
As well as a delicious sweet and savoury bake sale, which raised more than £250, six determined Washroom employees completed the gruelling 7km Nuclear Fallout race in Brentwood with all funds raised going towards our target.
- Designer Washrooms: 2020 trends
- Increased capacity thanks to extended factory space
- Looking back on the last 12 months
- Creative Together - industry recognition for our 2019 marketing campaign
- Why choose FENIX NTM® laminate?
- Introducing WeIntegr8: fully integrated turnkey solutions
- Creating the ideal leisure washroom
- Rounding off our second quarter: leisure highlights
- Lifting the lid at Washroom Washroom
- There's more to toilet cubicles than meets the eye