In the Men’s Room – an update
1st December 2017
We’d like to thank everyone who supported our ‘In the Men’s Room’ campaign – together we raised more than £1,200 for the Movember Foundation, smashing our fundraising target!
The only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, the Movemeber Foundation aims to make a contribution to men living happier, healthier, longer lives and stop them dying too young. There’s still time to donate to this great cause via our Just Giving page at: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/inthemensroom.
Prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide are some of the biggest health issues faced by men in the UK but there’s still a reluctance to talk about it – especially within the construction industry which is why we created our In the Men’s Room campaign to get people talking about men’s health this November.
We designed a special series of eye-catching graphics to encourage men to talk about mental health and provide important information on prostate and testicular cancers. Our graphics have been widely shared on social media throughout November.
Trevor Bowers, director at Washroom Washroom said of the campaign: “This is something which affects us all but it’s just not talked about enough, especially in our industry, where it’s still seen as taboo. It’s vitally important to break down these barriers and get people talking about difficult topics if we’re going to make a difference. I’m really proud of the whole team who’ve all done their bit to make this campaign such a success.”
As well as a delicious sweet and savoury bake sale, which raised more than £250, six determined Washroom employees completed the gruelling 7km Nuclear Fallout race in Brentwood with all funds raised going towards our target.
- Latest Covid-19 statement from The Washroom Group
- Updated Covid-19 statement from The Washroom Group
- Covid-19 statement from The Washroom Group
- Superloos: a step in the right direction for gender neutral washrooms
- Promoting good hygiene to keep bugs at bay
- Take a tour of our manufacturing facility
- It’s official, 2019 was a record-breaking year!
- Designer Washrooms: 2020 trends
- Increased capacity thanks to extended factory space
- Looking back on the last 12 months