That’s a relief – cutting the cost of running public toilets
31st October 2018
The chancellor’s recent autumn budget statement included a mandatory business rates relief for public toilets, which also includes toilets in private places open to the public to use.
It is hoped that the result of this new measure will be two-fold; encouraging more businesses to open their doors to allow the public to use their facilities and also helping to safeguard the future of public toilets. It is estimated that 40 per cent of public toilet facilities have been closed to the public in the last decade as local authorities try to reduce costs – cutting business rates will ease some of the financial burden and hopefully allow more public toilet facilities to remain open to the public going forward.
This is great news for the public toilets we designed and installed for Camden Stables Market earlier this year. Featuring our highly durable solid grade laminate Senza toilet cubicles and vanity units, the bespoke washroom space is designed to be low maintenance enough to withstand such a high traffic environment for years to come. Read all about our Camden Stables Market project in the full case study.
We’ve installed numerous completely bespoke, unique washroom facilities for offices across London and by utilising innovative, hardwearing materials we’ve ensured they’ll stand the test of time, making them perfect for busy offices and equally for use as public facilities.
It’ll be interesting to see how many private companies opt to open up their toilets for public use in the future and it’s a development we’ll be watching closely.
- Taking a project from start to finish with our installation service
- At your leisure - unique washrooms for the leisure sector
- Working in partnership
- Building on efficiency with BIM
- Bespoke design: creating spaces as unique as you
- Onwards and upwards at Washroom HQ
- Eye-catching commercial washrooms
- That’s a relief – cutting the cost of running public toilets
- Going back to school with Washroom Washroom
- Joining forces – creative together